ShakeStirPour, by Christina Mercado, is founded on love for the food & beverage industry and a passion for sharing that love with others. Using experience in our local communities as well as in the international markets, we curate hands-on cocktail classes and tailor services both for individuals and businesses.
Christina Mercado is the founder and mixologist for ShakeStirPour. She has her M.B.A. in Hospitality as well as her A.S. & B.S. in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. As an award-winning mixologist and experienced pastry chef, Christina uses her passion and experiences to create unique and memorable experiences in food & beverage.
Currently, Christina is also the Assistant Food & Beverage Director at the Hotel Viking in Newport, RI where she is responsible for the programming at their two bars as well as the café. Previously, she was the Beverage Manager at The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resort Collection where she developed interactive cocktail recipes for the luxury boutique hotel and oversaw the comprehensive wine and spirits menus. Additionally she developed a regular cocktail class for locals & hotel guests, entitled "Master Mixology with Christina Mercado" which ran every Saturday at the hotel for years. Teaching these classes is what served as the initial inspiration for ShakeStirPour!
Originally from New York, Christina’s love of traveling has allowed her to take influence from global experiences, drawing inspiration from her trips to destinations such as Spain, Singapore, Thailand, and Peru. This strongly informs her creative style, allowing her to blend local ingredients with exotic flavors with the goal of creating cocktails that are ahead of the trend while maintaining a traditional element.
It is her goal, through ShakeStirPour, to make the craft of mixology approachable to all - being a resource for cocktail enthusiasts and bartenders alike.
- Executive Bourbon Steward
- CRT Tequila Certification
- CSWS Sherry Certification
- BarSmarts Advanced Certification
- 2021 Cognac Connection (BNIC), National Winner
- 2021 Hennessey My Way, National Finalist
- 2021 USBG's World Class sponsored by Diageo, Top 50
- 2020 Don Q Coquito Competition - 1st Place, "Queen of Coquito"
- 2019 USBG's World Class sponsored by Diageo, National Finalist
- 2019 Patron Perfectionists International Finalist, East Coast
- 2019 Woodford Reserve East Coast Finalist
- 2018 Art of Italicus East Coast Finalist
- 2018 Woodford Reserve Manhattan Experience - State Winner
- 2017 Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender East Coast Finalist
- 2017 Marie Brizard #ToastToHerstory National Finalist
- 2016 Bols Genever - Bols Around the World - North American Finalist (Top 10)
Join us for one of our cocktail classes! Levels range from one to four in terms of depth of information, but all are welcome in any class. No experience is necessary. See classes tab for more information.
We also design classes geared towards bar and service professionals such as creative garnishing and spirits knowledge in specific areas of interest, such as gin or whiskey intensives. Contact us with details on what you would like to learn!
Are you interested in specialized training for your team or a creative menu change? We offer assistance with bar skills, communication, costing, flavor mapping, cocktail creation & more.
Contact us for more information.
Celebration Irish Coffee
Sign up to hear from us about seasonal classes, promotions & events.
Copyright © 2022 ShakeStirPour - All Rights Reserved.